2024 has arrived. If you have any need to travel or work in China soon, you need to know in advance the precautions for entering China in 2024!
First of all, people from most countries still need to apply for a Chinese visa when coming to China, and Chinese visas are still mainly sticker visas.
Change 1️⃣ Canceling the Chinese visa appointment system
Submit your application at any time at the relevant Chinese Visa Application Service Center and make an appointment more conveniently.
Change 2️⃣ New rules for visa exemption
👉Expand the scope of unilateral visa-free countries and implement unilateral visa-free policies for ordinary passport holders from six countries: France🇫🇷, Germany🇩🇪, Italy🇮🇹, Netherlands🇳🇱, Spain🇪🇸, and Malaysia🇲🇾. So far, the number of countries where my country has implemented unilateral visa exemption on trial has increased to 8.
👉In 2024, Singapore🇸🇬 will increase the visa-free time for entry into China to 30 days.
👉China and Thailand🇹🇭 will implement a permanent visa-free entry policy for each other from March 1st
Change 3️⃣ Foreigners are not required to collect fingerprints when coming to China
From August 10, 2023 to December 31, 2024, Chinese visa applicants for business, tourism, visiting relatives, transit, and flight attendants who meet the entry requirements are exempted from taking fingerprints.
The following people are exempted from taking fingerprints:
1. Persons under 14 years old or over 70 years old
2. Persons holding diplomatic passports or who meet the conditions for the issuance of Chinese diplomatic, official, or courtesy visas
3. Persons who hold the same passport and have been issued a visa at the same embassy or consulate within five years and whose fingerprints have been retained
4. Persons who have all ten fingers missing or whose fingerprints cannot be retained
5. From August 10, 2023 to December 31, 2024, Chinese visa applicants for business, tourism, family visit, transit, and flight attendant who meet the entry requirements are exempted from taking fingerprints. If you are exempt from taking fingerprints, you can also entrust someone else to submit your Chinese visa application!
Change 4️⃣ Visa fee reduction for foreigners coming to China
From December 11, 2023 to December 31, 2024, Chinese embassies and consulates abroad will charge visa fees for visiting China at 75% of the current charging standards.
Change 5️⃣ Customs policy for foreigners coming to China
Starting from November 1, 2023, China Customs has canceled the declaration requirements for customs health declaration cards and the cash entry and exit limits for all employees.
❗❗Please note that for passengers over 16 years old who carry cash in and out of the country, the limit for bringing RMB cash into the country is 20,000 yuan. If this limit is exceeded or the foreign currency cash you carry exceeds 5,000 US dollars, you need to declare it to the customs truthfully. And go through the verification procedures.
Change 6️⃣ Inbound accommodation registration
Go to the hotel to register for accommodation within 24 hours after entering China. If you choose to live or stay in a residence other than a hotel, remember to register with the public security authority at your place of residence within 24 hours of check-in.
Hope this information will be helpful to you. The relevant policies will be different depending on the country where you are located. Be sure to pay attention to the above matters before entering China! If you have any questions, you can always consult SMEBro to learn more.